Popular on Rezul
- Englewood Cliffs Democratic Councilperson Deborah Tsabari Plead Guilty To A Felony
- New Product! Photo Buttons: Putting a Smile Behind the Mask during the Covid 19 crisis
- PhaseZero Launches Integration with Karmak, Delivering Unified Digital Commerce Experience for Commercial Transportation Industry
- Asden Properties gives back to the community
- Booze, Bargains, and BBQ at First Friday West Bottoms Weekend Event
- QuaranTEEN Authors Donate Royalties to Charity
- SienaBlü Group Selected by the United Nations as a Participant in the Global Sustainability Compact
- Jaws Jumbo Burgers Changing The Franchise Game
- Tobu Railways Announces the New Monthly Service of their Popular, Nostalgic Steam Locomotive, SL Taiju "Futara."
- Collaboration between Elevant and Enlighted Provides Self-funding COVID-Response Strategy for CRE Owners
A primer on the topic of women and film is now available. Women have been in the film business since the beginning of its existence, when it was a mere flicker of light on the screen. But, not until Hollywood: Her Story, An Illustrated History of Women and the Movies (Lyons Press), has the extent of their filmmaking contributions – both in front of and behind the camera – been captured and documented so eloquently. The beautifully illustrated volume coffee table style book, 9.3" x 11", is an expansive 400 pages.
Best Actress and Beyond
In addition to the acting Oscars, Best Screenplay, Best Costume Design, Best Sound Mixing, Best Film Editing, and Best Production Design are just a few of the Oscar categories won by talented, enterprising women over the years.
As the 92nd Academy Awards approach, film buffs of all ages will delight in this award-winning, visually-stunning book.
Hollywood: Her Story, with a foreword by filmmaker, activist and philanthropist Abigail E. Disney, illustrates and brings to life the many women who contributed to the Hollywood film industry over the years. Beginning in 1896 with pioneering female director, Alice Guy-Blaché, authors Jill S. Tietjen, P.E. and Barbara Bridges take readers through a photo-treasury of women and film. From movie legends to directors, producers, editors, screenwriters, stuntwomen, composers, cinematographers and others - more than 1,200 women who have added their talent and creativity in the many categories needed to make a movie are featured in this enlightening and entertaining book.
More on Rezul News
- Ladies - Here is How to Elevate Your Wardrobe
- Lake Tahoe Homeowner Sues Real Estate Brokers Alleging Fraud & Conspiracy in Property Transaction
- RE/MAX Names Top Producers in the United States and Worldwide
- STARK Industries LLC Supports Space Center Houston's Exhibit on NASA Innovations During the Pandemic via NASA JPL-Designed VITAL Ventilator Loan
- United We Rise Works To Collectively End The HIV Epidemic For Every(Black)Body
Praise for Hollywood: Her Story
"It is a great honor to be included in Hollywood: Her Story, alongside so many extraordinary women who have inspired me throughout my life and career." Sherry Lansing, former president of 20th Century Fox, former Chairman and CEO of Paramount Pictures.
About the Authors
The authors of Hollywood: Her Story continue to illuminate readers. Tietjen is an author, speaker, and electrical engineer. She is the co-author of Her Story: A Timeline of the Women Who Changed America, which received the Daughters of the American Revolution History Award Medal. Tietjen has conducted research into historical women around the world for the past 30 years and speaks around the country about women's contributions to history.
Bridges has spent much of her life as an entrepreneur and businesswoman. In 2006, she founded Women+Film, a program in partnership with the Denver Film Society, where she has been bringing audiences together with films, by and about women, that ignite discussions around global issues facing women today. With the annual Women+Film Festival, a section of movies in the Denver Film Festival and movie screenings throughout the year, it is a popular film program that not only entertains but educates and inspires as well.
More on Rezul News
- Cheeses of Europe Celebrates Brunch Culture
- ROSIE READER Launches Literary Adventures for Children Ages 3 to 5
- Renowned Christmas Tree Designer Donating Tree for Fundraising
- Rising Music Star, Kennedy Stephens Honors Breonna Taylor in Profound New Song
- A Thousand Ways to Save Energy - And $$$$
"Hollywood: Her Story pays tribute to all the talented female filmmakers and artists who have been involved in every facet of the industry's development. These include famous names as well as those whose names would be unknown to most prior to this book," said Bridges.
Hollywood: Her Story, An Illustrated History of Women and the Movies won two 2019 Best Book Awards in the categories of Best Interior Design Award and Performing Arts. It was also a finalist for Best Cover Design: Non-Fiction and Novelty & Gift Book.
Hollywood: Her Story, An Illustrated History of Women and the Movies is available for purchase online at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, BAM! Books A Million and Indie Bound as well as at independent bookstores.
Enjoy a new perspective on the Academy Awards. For more information, visit the website, http://hollywoodherstory.com.
Steven V. Dubin, PR Works
Latest on Rezul News
- Capitol Homes Featured in New Englewood Promo Video
- Westmount Realty Capital Acquires Garden-Style Multifamily Community in Arizona
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Network Realty Raises $7,540 for Blessings in a Backpack
- Alpine Air Products — Your One-Stop-Shop For All Your Indoor Air Purification Needs
- Pioneer Bank Opts for Indoor Air Quality Upgrades Amid Pandemic Concerns
- Utopia p2p Releases CRP (Crypton) cryptocurrency on Crypto Exchanges
- The Brownstones at New Visions Now 50% Sold Out as Sales Surge into Fall
- CEO Coaching International Provides Clients Value through Powerful Weekly Virtual Networking Events on Zoom
- Brookside Equity Partners Makes Minority Investment in Advanced Solutions International (ASI)
- OncoBeta GmbH and Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation sign Letter of Intent to establish manufacturing site in Australia
- Patton Announces the World's Smallest, Lowest-Cost eSBC for SoHo and SME
- QUByte Connect 2020 - Digital Event by QUByte Interactive
- AUA, CIMT Forge Agreement Creating Med School Pathway for Canadian Students
- Celebrate 30 Years Of Beverly Hills 90210 With The Beverly Hills 90210 Podcast Super Show
- World Theatrical Premiere Of The Documentary "Me The People" Official Selection At Boston Film Festival 2020
- Canada's CHEK TV upgrades with the new Wohler iVAM1-1
- Autism Memoir Launches During Canadian Autism Awareness Month
- Princeton Properties purchases two apartment communities in New Hampshire
- Estate agents have compassion for wild neighbours
- The Nissani Team Completes Miami Beach Commercial Condo Sale In Under 45 Days