Popular on Rezul
- Some Of The Most Vital Concepts About Popular Games Online
- Evolve IP Launches the Unified Workspace – Integrates Identity and Access Management, Hosted and SaaS Application Delivery, and Cloud Desktops
- Alex Iliescu Joins RE/MAX Alliance Group
- IAOP and The Rockefeller Foundation Announce Winners of 2020 Global Impact Sourcing Award
- Townhome for sale in the north metro has a ton of updated features!
- Viscosity North America Welcomes Two More From the Oracle ACE Program: Gary Gordhamer & Sean Scott
- AutoQuotes Appoints New Chief Product Officer
- Former Brookstone and Home Depot Canada CEO Joins CEO Coaching International
- Golf Gum® and the Liquid Core® Delivery System, Capable of Fueling Better Scores, Announce Debut of SPACE STATION® Distribution Device at PGA Show
- Broccoli City Reveals 2020 Festival Lineup And Announces Its Return To The Nation's Capital For Eighth Annual Celebration Of Music, Art And Culture
A primer on the topic of women and film is now available. Women have been in the film business since the beginning of its existence, when it was a mere flicker of light on the screen. But, not until Hollywood: Her Story, An Illustrated History of Women and the Movies (Lyons Press), has the extent of their filmmaking contributions – both in front of and behind the camera – been captured and documented so eloquently. The beautifully illustrated volume coffee table style book, 9.3" x 11", is an expansive 400 pages.
Best Actress and Beyond
In addition to the acting Oscars, Best Screenplay, Best Costume Design, Best Sound Mixing, Best Film Editing, and Best Production Design are just a few of the Oscar categories won by talented, enterprising women over the years.
As the 92nd Academy Awards approach, film buffs of all ages will delight in this award-winning, visually-stunning book.
Hollywood: Her Story, with a foreword by filmmaker, activist and philanthropist Abigail E. Disney, illustrates and brings to life the many women who contributed to the Hollywood film industry over the years. Beginning in 1896 with pioneering female director, Alice Guy-Blaché, authors Jill S. Tietjen, P.E. and Barbara Bridges take readers through a photo-treasury of women and film. From movie legends to directors, producers, editors, screenwriters, stuntwomen, composers, cinematographers and others - more than 1,200 women who have added their talent and creativity in the many categories needed to make a movie are featured in this enlightening and entertaining book.
More on Rezul News
- Patton Announces the Industry's Most Flexible High-Density FXS VoIP Gateway
- The SEE Team - Madison's Real Estate Team Receives 2020 Best of Middleton Award
- You're Invited to a FREE First-time Homebuyer's Seminar on March 28th at Mosaic in Fort Collins
- Turn-Key Office to launch software development
- Millionacres Announces Speakers for Mogul Real Wealth Summit in San Diego
Praise for Hollywood: Her Story
"It is a great honor to be included in Hollywood: Her Story, alongside so many extraordinary women who have inspired me throughout my life and career." Sherry Lansing, former president of 20th Century Fox, former Chairman and CEO of Paramount Pictures.
About the Authors
The authors of Hollywood: Her Story continue to illuminate readers. Tietjen is an author, speaker, and electrical engineer. She is the co-author of Her Story: A Timeline of the Women Who Changed America, which received the Daughters of the American Revolution History Award Medal. Tietjen has conducted research into historical women around the world for the past 30 years and speaks around the country about women's contributions to history.
Bridges has spent much of her life as an entrepreneur and businesswoman. In 2006, she founded Women+Film, a program in partnership with the Denver Film Society, where she has been bringing audiences together with films, by and about women, that ignite discussions around global issues facing women today. With the annual Women+Film Festival, a section of movies in the Denver Film Festival and movie screenings throughout the year, it is a popular film program that not only entertains but educates and inspires as well.
More on Rezul News
- Wave Crest, Royal Flemish, Mt. Washington, art glass and more at Woody Auction on Saturday, March 14
- Digital Media Solutions Names Kathy Bryan As Chief Marketing Officer
- AutoQuotes and FEDA Announce New Strategic Partnership
- Lantek increases its turnover by 9.6%, reaching $23 million
- Performance Systems Development selected as program implementer for UGI Save Smart Commercial Custom Rebate Program
"Hollywood: Her Story pays tribute to all the talented female filmmakers and artists who have been involved in every facet of the industry's development. These include famous names as well as those whose names would be unknown to most prior to this book," said Bridges.
Hollywood: Her Story, An Illustrated History of Women and the Movies won two 2019 Best Book Awards in the categories of Best Interior Design Award and Performing Arts. It was also a finalist for Best Cover Design: Non-Fiction and Novelty & Gift Book.
Hollywood: Her Story, An Illustrated History of Women and the Movies is available for purchase online at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, BAM! Books A Million and Indie Bound as well as at independent bookstores.
Enjoy a new perspective on the Academy Awards. For more information, visit the website, http://hollywoodherstory.com.
Steven V. Dubin, PR Works
Latest on Rezul News
- Dedeaux Properties Sells One-Million-Square-Foot Industrial Building in Riverside, CA
- TruAmerica Multifamily Enters Texas and Midwest
- Valley Bank closes $650+ million in commercial real estate loans in Tampa Bay for 2019
- Registration For The Fourth Annual Broccoli City Weekend Conference (#broccolicon2020) May 7-8th Now Open
- FuseFX, Award-Winning VFX Provider Expands with New Atlanta Location
- Property managers – create value and generate income by automating tedious tasks
- Housecheck NSW Wins 25 Most Popular Awards 2019 From HomeImprovements4u
- New research shows the majority of business writing isn't successful
- World-First Smart 'ChillOUT Hubs' Designed and Built in Australia
- Lennar Grand Opens Treviso at Echelon on March 7
- 2019 | Year-End Houston Healthcare Market Report
- New Viruses Create Urgent Need for Fresh Flight product
- Toll Brothers at Inspiration provides "good life", great views
- New Version of HLN's Award Winning Open Source Immunization Forecaster Released
- Lennar's Hawthorne at Skye Canyon Grand Opens Saturday, February 22
- Lennar's Amber Vista is Coming Soon to North Salt Lake
- New Online Programming Course by Codeasy to Learn C#
- SAM9000 AI Project Management App adds Document and Email Management, now available in full release
- Berkeley Carteret Arms Chooses Corner Property To Manage Historic Development Located In Jersey City
- Westmount Realty Capital Hires Chicago Industrial Real Estate Expert, Christopher 'Kit' Sultz