Popular on Rezul
- New Entertainment Partnership Between Folktellers And Ahmet Zappa Formed To Expand New Fantasy Series 127
- WFM in the cloud: Five reasons to make the move, by Teleopti 103
- Technical Report-Applying Physics and Sensory Sciences to Spirits Nosing Vessel Design to Improve Evaluation Diagnostics and Drinking Enjoyment
- Global Participatory Project Climate Change Theatre Action Returns in 2019
- The Hanover Bald Eagle Nest Cams Are Now Live!
- Tavern Puzzle Collection Complete
- Key North San Diego County Markets Buck Regional Trends with Gain in Prices
- How To Prepare For A Financial Crisis
- Pete Freeland, Executive Producer on New Amazon Prime Series "Marisa Romanov", Launches New Website
- Special Offering on Select Pera & Mela Homes in Santa Barbara!
The purpose of lighting calculation is to reach a suitable illuminance level for the intended application. The concept of illuminance describes lighting delivered per unit of area, and it is typically measured in foot-candles (lumens per square foot) or lux (lumens per square meter). In the case of New York City, meeting the lighting efficacy requirements of the NYC Energy Conservation Code is also important.
Illuminance levels for each location are not arbitrary; they are established by industry organizations such as IESNA (Illuminating Engineering Society of North America). When specifying a lighting system, design engineers aim for the illuminance values established in the IESNA Lighting Handbook. Achieving the exact specified values is not feasible, but a lighting design is satisfactory if the variation is slight.
More on Rezul News
- Ryan Boyer Realtor Keller Williams shares A Kitchen Remodel Worksheet to Help You Cut Costs
- Core 3's Manager named 2018 Snow & Ice All Star
- The World's First Art Fairs - The Eight Impressioinist Exhibitions of 1874-1886
- Mid-America Association of Real Estate Investors Announces January Guest, Chris McClatchey
- Save Up to $5K in Flooring Upgrades with Lennar's Holiday Sales Event!
- Chupp Installed as 2019 President
- Inland Empire Veteran Finds a New Way to Combat Market Challenges and Buy Their Family Dream Home
Make sure your lighting system meets IESNA and NYC codes.
Lighting calculations can be carried out manually, but this approach demands considerable man-hours and is impractical in modern building design. A more effective approach is using automated software calculations, allowing the lighting designer to focus on the best decisions, while a computer handles repetitive tasks.
The lighting design specialization is available for professionals from different backgrounds. For example, architects, electrical engineers and interior designers all have a knowledge base that is suitable to complement lighting design.
The Lumen Method: Basic Lighting Calculations
The lumen method provides a simple hand calculation approach to estimate the illumination achieved with a proposed lighting distribution. The method becomes impractical for complex room geometries or very large projects that are split into multiple areas. It can be summarized in the following steps:
Calculate the Room Cavity Ratio (RCR): The RCR describes the ratio of vertical area to horizontal area in a room. The RCR formula varies depending on room geometry.
Obtain surface reflectance: The reflectance is the fraction of light reflected from a surface, and it is strongly influenced by texture and colour. Reflectance values are required for ceilings, walls and floors.
More on Rezul News
- TRIMIT Releases Vertical ERP Software Built On Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central
- SBG Sports Software is Exhibiting at United Soccer Coaches Convention 2019, Booth #585
- Addressing the Top Five Foreclosure Myths
- William B. Blanchard publishes review of the emerging trend of para-professional legal assistants
- AIRS International Conference on Genomics and Microbiomics - The New Rehabilitation
- Sword Active Risk opens new office in Kuala Lumpur as part of global expansion plans
- Real estate attorney William B. Blanchard publishes article series on paralegals
Obtain photometric data: When you purchase a lighting product, its specifications include total lighting output and its spatial distribution. This is fundamental information for lighting calculation procedures.
Determine the Coefficient of Utilization (CU): Based on the RCR and surface reflectance, it is possible to determine the CU, which indicates how efficiently the lighting output is delivered to the working plane.
Related Blog: MEP
HVAC Fan Types and Their Applications
Modern Alternatives: Cooling Tower System Replacement
How MEP Engineering and Building Information Modelling Reduce Costs
Why Do Consulting Engineers Cost So Much?
MEP ENGINEERING DESIGN SERVICES
Latest on Rezul News
- Palomar Display Products, Inc. awarded two contracts with a total value of $1.3M
- New Headquarters and Education Center for The Real Estate Inspection Company
- CP Management CEO Selected to Serve on Community Association Institute - NJ Board of Directors
- Aviator College of Aeronautical Science & Technology Announces a Multi-Million Dollar Expansion at Fort Pierce, FL Campus
- Realty ONE Group's Lou Gonzalez Named RISMedia Newsmaker
- Save Up To $20,000 on Select Homes at Barcelo at Solana Heights!
- Massive Networks Expands its Infrastructure Offering to include 4G Broadband Access Networking
- Non Emergency Medical Transportation Accreditation Commission Welcomes New Advisory Board Members
- Jason Crabb and Jay DeMarcus React To Grammy Nomination
- RE/MAX Alliance Group Associates Rank Among Top Residential Agents
- RE/MAX Alliance Group Associates Rank Among Top Commercial Agents
- Tamaya Closes on First Retail Space
- Zettler's AZSR165 in a Hybrid-Solar-Inverter System with Scalable Battery Storage
- HARTING Plug And Play Industrial IoT Suite Monitors Machine Status
- Liz Carla Moves Business to RE/MAX DFW Associates
- The Alliance Partners Exceed $1 Million in Monthly Billed Revenue With Evolve IP
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Supports the Donna Foundation and Salvation Army
- Haven Realty Capital Sells The Grove, a 256-Unit Apartment Community in Las Vegas
- CRG emPerform Wins Bronze Brandon Hall Excellence in Technology Award
- Westmount Realty Capital Acquires 1.43 Million Square Feet of Industrial Space in Midwest