Popular on Rezul News
- Jane Fonda Meets Actress, Media Presenter Nina Conti Her Long Time Idol 165
- DigiFabster Expands to Support CNC Machining 155
- John Marshall Bank Expands Board of Directors With Addition of Mike Garcia 126
- Goodwill Houston's 2018 Moreton Awards Celebrate Professional Successes and Personal Victories
- Bitcoin-era Blockchain Unveils "Digital Notes"
- Realtor Specializing in Sustainable Living Joins Bend Branch
- SUMMERTIME DROPOUTS feature film is currently being filmed in Southern Minnesota by Winterstate Entertainment, with a release date Summer of 2019
- East Oakland Community Gathering
- The formula of Prof Chris Imafidon, head of Britain's brainiest family, produces another year of record-breaking success" - BBC
- Copa Airlines Manage Booking
The purpose of lighting calculation is to reach a suitable illuminance level for the intended application. The concept of illuminance describes lighting delivered per unit of area, and it is typically measured in foot-candles (lumens per square foot) or lux (lumens per square meter). In the case of New York City, meeting the lighting efficacy requirements of the NYC Energy Conservation Code is also important.
Illuminance levels for each location are not arbitrary; they are established by industry organizations such as IESNA (Illuminating Engineering Society of North America). When specifying a lighting system, design engineers aim for the illuminance values established in the IESNA Lighting Handbook. Achieving the exact specified values is not feasible, but a lighting design is satisfactory if the variation is slight.
More on Rezul News
- Buffalo Grove Real Estate Market Update September 2018
- Ten Trails Official Grand Opening and Fall Festival on Saturday, September 29
- To Comma or Not to Comma? Punctuation Help Is Here
- Scott Cooper Miami Reveals Why Cannabis Infused Drinks Are Dangerous
- USF Federal Credit Union Becomes the 13th Florida CU to Partner with CU Realty Services
- Polly Cooper, Oneida Indian Revolutionary War Patriot Honored in the Feature Film George Washington's Army and Me, Elijah's Long Journey Home
- Self Defense For The World We Live In Today!
Make sure your lighting system meets IESNA and NYC codes.
Lighting calculations can be carried out manually, but this approach demands considerable man-hours and is impractical in modern building design. A more effective approach is using automated software calculations, allowing the lighting designer to focus on the best decisions, while a computer handles repetitive tasks.
The lighting design specialization is available for professionals from different backgrounds. For example, architects, electrical engineers and interior designers all have a knowledge base that is suitable to complement lighting design.
The Lumen Method: Basic Lighting Calculations
The lumen method provides a simple hand calculation approach to estimate the illumination achieved with a proposed lighting distribution. The method becomes impractical for complex room geometries or very large projects that are split into multiple areas. It can be summarized in the following steps:
Calculate the Room Cavity Ratio (RCR): The RCR describes the ratio of vertical area to horizontal area in a room. The RCR formula varies depending on room geometry.
Obtain surface reflectance: The reflectance is the fraction of light reflected from a surface, and it is strongly influenced by texture and colour. Reflectance values are required for ceilings, walls and floors.
More on Rezul News
- Best Rate Referrals Unveils New Logo and Brand Identity
- Arvo Prima receives prestigious Community Service Award for his work with HOPE Sheds Light
- Kennedy Farm in Ridgefield Grand Opens September 22nd!
- The Cascade Collection at Butternut Creek Grand Opens September 29th
- Mid-Year 2018 Texas | Seniors Housing & Care Research & Forecast Report
- NJ Filmmaker Launches Short Film About President Trump Who Has A Spiritual Awakening and Apologizes To World
- K104's DeDe McGuire launches the DeDe McGuire Foundation!
Obtain photometric data: When you purchase a lighting product, its specifications include total lighting output and its spatial distribution. This is fundamental information for lighting calculation procedures.
Determine the Coefficient of Utilization (CU): Based on the RCR and surface reflectance, it is possible to determine the CU, which indicates how efficiently the lighting output is delivered to the working plane.
Related Blog: MEP
HVAC Fan Types and Their Applications
Modern Alternatives: Cooling Tower System Replacement
How MEP Engineering and Building Information Modelling Reduce Costs
Why Do Consulting Engineers Cost So Much?
MEP ENGINEERING DESIGN SERVICES
Latest on Rezul News
- LSUS Unfair Practices - Violations of Free Speech, Deletes of: Hurricane Student-Safety Posts, Inclusion of Diversity Requests & Needed Materials
- Patrick Megaro, Esq. updates "The Megaro Criminal Law Library" with new instructional series
- Pasadena Teens to Receive Expert Financial-Literacy Training
- Kathy Moffat, Orange Unified School District (OUSD) Board of Education Member, Seeks Re-Election
- Bartlett Real Estate Market Update September 2018
- RightDoors Real Estate Brokers closed their first commission-free property deal in Dubai
- NOVICHOK is poured to you in the center of Moscow in front of Russian Secret Service
- Attorney Sarah E. Cox Announces Law Instruction Series, Business & Real Estate
- New York Fashion Week Plotagraphs Get Over 3 Million Views on Instagram
- Signature Tracks Premieres "ARMED" Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
- THE DEATH OF VULTURES is Out Tomorrow, September 15th!
- Las Vegas Billboards completes new billboard acquisitions
- Stay Four Nights and get One Night Free at Luxurious Bahama Beach Club
- John Marazzi promotes Thomas Zanios to internet director at Sun Toyota
- Infuzi is re-inventing the infusion process
- Steve Forbert Memoir - "Big City Cat: My Life in Folk Rock" Released
- KiKi Shepard's K.I.S Foundation Strikes Again with the 15th Annual Celebrity Bowling Challenge for Sickle Cell Disease Awareness
- United® Real Estate | Richmond Expands to Hanover
- D.R. Horton Opens New Showhome at TrailMark
- SVN|KOVA boosts compelling package of client services