Popular on Rezul News
- New Healthcare Compliance Business RiskShield Tools, LLC Helps Healthcare Providers Identify Risk and Improve Regulatory Compliance 152
- ThinkPalm partners with HPE to leverage the power of LoRA for futuristic IIoT solutions 146
- Factory resetting may not delete everything. How to sell your old phone safely with iShredder Android? 142
- First Personal Digital Tombstone in the USA has arrived 117
- Atlas Elite Entertainment lauched a new online magazine
- A simple SEO plugin that will change the world
- Professor Chris Imafidon joins other world renowned scientists & eminent stars to pay tribute to Prof Stephen Hawking in Westminster Abbey
- Depilage Introduces Their Hair Removal Mask In Kenya
- Klorane Botanical Foundation + KidsGardening Announce Brooklyn's P53K District 75 School Winner of Budding Botanist Grant
- Flashgate Acquires Assets of Exapik
The purpose of lighting calculation is to reach a suitable illuminance level for the intended application. The concept of illuminance describes lighting delivered per unit of area, and it is typically measured in foot-candles (lumens per square foot) or lux (lumens per square meter). In the case of New York City, meeting the lighting efficacy requirements of the NYC Energy Conservation Code is also important.
Illuminance levels for each location are not arbitrary; they are established by industry organizations such as IESNA (Illuminating Engineering Society of North America). When specifying a lighting system, design engineers aim for the illuminance values established in the IESNA Lighting Handbook. Achieving the exact specified values is not feasible, but a lighting design is satisfactory if the variation is slight.
More on Rezul News
- Meet the 2018 Class of the Cultural Vistas Fellowship
- Summer Clearance Sale for B2B Customers at Rizoess
- Robert J. Becerra named to the 2018 SuperLawyers List as one of the Top Attorneys in Florida
- American Lamprecht Transport announces its new Referral Program
- GrooveCar Brings Online Auto Buying to ACUC Conference
- PlayerAuctions Recommends the Account Value Calculator to Evaluate Accounts in a Snap
- Inspired 2 Win Enterprise LLC by La'Toya Hart Moves to New Office Location
Make sure your lighting system meets IESNA and NYC codes.
Lighting calculations can be carried out manually, but this approach demands considerable man-hours and is impractical in modern building design. A more effective approach is using automated software calculations, allowing the lighting designer to focus on the best decisions, while a computer handles repetitive tasks.
The lighting design specialization is available for professionals from different backgrounds. For example, architects, electrical engineers and interior designers all have a knowledge base that is suitable to complement lighting design.
The Lumen Method: Basic Lighting Calculations
The lumen method provides a simple hand calculation approach to estimate the illumination achieved with a proposed lighting distribution. The method becomes impractical for complex room geometries or very large projects that are split into multiple areas. It can be summarized in the following steps:
Calculate the Room Cavity Ratio (RCR): The RCR describes the ratio of vertical area to horizontal area in a room. The RCR formula varies depending on room geometry.
Obtain surface reflectance: The reflectance is the fraction of light reflected from a surface, and it is strongly influenced by texture and colour. Reflectance values are required for ceilings, walls and floors.
More on Rezul News
- Cornerstone Medical Clinic Expands, Welcomes Family Nurse Practitioner Celeste Shumate
- Prison Rideshare Network Launches Niche-Focused Business Directory for Prison Ride Providers
- Keystone Symposia and The Leadership Alliance Collaborate on Virtual Symposium on Mentoring
- Elected! Michelle Coss joins the Running USA Board of Directors
- Hybrid Studios Hosts Student Field Trip Day
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Chuck Reed
- Lovewild Design One Year Anniversary!
Obtain photometric data: When you purchase a lighting product, its specifications include total lighting output and its spatial distribution. This is fundamental information for lighting calculation procedures.
Determine the Coefficient of Utilization (CU): Based on the RCR and surface reflectance, it is possible to determine the CU, which indicates how efficiently the lighting output is delivered to the working plane.
Related Blog: MEP
HVAC Fan Types and Their Applications
Modern Alternatives: Cooling Tower System Replacement
How MEP Engineering and Building Information Modelling Reduce Costs
Why Do Consulting Engineers Cost So Much?
MEP ENGINEERING DESIGN SERVICES
Latest on Rezul News
- Slow Clap Named 2018 Better Business Bureau Torch Award Recipient
- OB/GYN Develops A Game Changing Deodorant
- 8 Passengers from Southwest Flight 1380 File Lawsuit in New York
- Entrepreneurs with Win-Win-Win Business Model Offer Scholarship to Foster More Winning Ideas
- LuxStar Travel Network Reviews Travel Advisories
- Bringing Blockchain to Fixed Income
- Digital Ad Spending Continues to Increase in 2019
- Cushman & Wakefield Brokers Expansion for Harmelin Media
- David Abramo appointed to lead Ebiquity Media Management in North America
- Skymap, a Cloud Migration Acceleration Solution
- R&D Tax Solutions co-founder appears in Finance Monthly
- 64% Are Too Embarrassed To Exercise
- Property Expert Talks on Tax Legislation and the Financial Changes for 2018
- Melbourne Comprehensive Eye Surgeons Announce New Website Launch
- Truly Affordable Sustainable You Build It Home Kit
- GoPro's Viral Plotagraphs Revealed by Troy Christopher Plota
- Top New York Corporate Illusionist Launches New Branding & Marketing Service
- Taurus0x Launches As A Distributed, Open-standard Protocol Powering Smart Derivatives
- Five Star Professional Awards the 2018 Five Star Mortgage Professional Award to Kelly Kirchner, Reliable Home Lenders
- Christensen & Nielsen Trading Co. Introducing New Nursing Cover Under the Elisabeth Nielsen® Brand